WALLY'S SAFETY PLEDGE
Whenever you travel by car, you always buckle your safety belt to make sure you're protected in case of an accident. Right?
The Internet has been called an "Information Super Highway", so whenever you travel from one website to another, you should follow these Safety Rules for your protection:
1. I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parent's work address or telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parent's permission.
2. I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information or photo that makes me feel uncomfortable.
3. I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet" online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and I will bring my mother or father along.
4. I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents.
5. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do, I will tell my parents right away so they can contact the online service.
6. I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online, and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without my parent's permission.
Print out this page and discuss it with your parents and any brothers or sisters who also go online. Do you agree to all six points in Wally's Safety Pledge?
Reprinted courtesy of Child Find (800-387-7962)
|Return to Wally's Home Page|
City of Deer Park LEPC. All Rights Reserved.