45th Annual Halloween Carnival
Saturday, October 27; 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Jimmy Burke Activity Center, 500 W. 13th St.
Free parking and free admission to this special event for the whole family. Put on your craziest and family-friendly costume and let the spirit move you to enter the costume contest, hop on some carnival rides or enter the pumpkin carving/decorating contest. There will be activities for the little ones including fun games in Pumpkin Town. You can stroll down the friendly community streets of Pumpkin Town from 2 - 5 p.m. for plenty of great carnival games.
Pumpkin Town / Carnival Ride Tickets are sold in bunches of 15 for $5 and will go on sale from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Tickets may be purchased in the office at the Deer Park Community Center starting October 22 - October 26 until 5 p.m.
Concessions will be available for purchase.
Carnival Rides 2 - 5 p.m.
Carnival Rides require 6 tickets each or you may purchase a wristband for unlimited rides for $7 (not available for use in Pumpkin Town)
Strut Your Stuff Costume Contest (2 - 4:30 p.m. with judging around 2:30 p.m. You may sign up by the stage beginning at 2 p.m..)
No line or time brackets. Sign up and strut your stuff right away!
1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category
- Age groups:
- Category 1: 3 and under
- Category 2: 4-6
- Category 3: 7-10
- Category 4: 11-15
- Category 5: 16 and up
- Category 6: Group
- Best of Show wins $100! Must be present to win!
Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest
(Drop off from 1 - 1:45 p.m. at the Jimmy Burke Activity Center)
- $75 first place
- $50 Second place
- $25 Third place
In each category of Carved, Decorated, Carved/Decorated (combo)
Public voting will run from 2-5 p.m. Winners will be announced after Costume Contest winners around 4:45 p.m.
Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest Rules
- Enter one of 3 categories: Carved, decorated, or carved and decorated combination. Categories will be Carved, decorated, carved and decorated combo. You may enter one pumpkin in each category.
- First place in each category- $75, second place in each category- $50, third place in each category- $25.
- Drop off from 1 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.. Any pumpkins after the deadline will be included only if space is available.
- Public voting from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Winners announced at approximately 4:45 p.m. (After Costume Contest)
- :Entry form must be filled out and turned into the coordinator to be considered for the contest. (Available at Carnival)
- All entries must be real pumpkins.
- Pumpkins must be ready to display upon arrival.
- Any form of decoration may be used.
- One vote per person per category
- You don’t have to be present to win
- Carving or decorating subjects deemed inappropriate will not be judged
- Staff will have final say on interpretation of all contest rules. Failure to comply with decisions made my coordinator result in disqualification of your pumpkin.